Sturgeon County's Economic Development Department has a strong commitment to promoting a successful business environment. We recognize the benefits that new business can bring to the region - job creation and solid employment with long-term opportunities. Our goal is to help your company to navigate municipal programs and processes, provide consultation services and hands-on solutions to assist you at every stage of development toward success.
10 ways we help your businesses
1. Provide information on real estate opportunities for a new development or expansion
2. Provide industry research and connect you with subject matter experts
3. Provide research on funding programs available through private and public sources
4. Facilitate the resolution of issues pertaining to County owned infrastructure used by your business
5. Advocate for business community needs through different levels of government
6. Provide information on supply chain opportunities
7. Connect you with business resources to develop your business idea
8. Promote your business through our web and social media channels
9. Connect you with resources for skilled labor
10. Provide information on networking events that are relevant to your business
Tyler Westover is an Economic Development Manager with a focus on promoting, facilitating and enhancing economic development initiatives in Sturgeon County across key sectors in agriculture, resource extraction, manufacturing, and energy industries. He is the primary liaison between Sturgeon County and the Alberta Industrial Heartland Association.
Jonathan Saah is a Business Development Specialist with a focus on business retention and expansion, market research and analytics. He works with the small/medium industrial business portfolio within a range of sectors.
Leanne McBean is a Marketing Coordinator with a focus on marketing, communications and ag-tourism. She is the project manager for the Sturgeon County Culinary Cookout, an ag-tourism initiative that is linked to agricultural producers and tourism operators in the region.
Talayna Spargo is an Economic Development Assistant who provides support for the internal operations of the department and is the project manager for events including the Mayor's State of the County Breakfast and Mayor’s Golf Tournament.