Musée Morinville Museum
The Musée Morinville Museum is located in the heart of Morinville, Alberta. The Museum covers over 5,200 square feet of the basement of the newly (2009) renovated Notre Dame Convent (built 1909), with apartments upstairs.
The Museum faces St. Jean Baptiste Park where a Statue of the Sacred Heart stands, surrounded by an explosion of flowers during the summer months.
Next door is the historic and beautiful St. Jean Baptiste Catholic Church (built in 1907) and the clock tower, established 2005.
Once inside the exquisite stained glass french doors of the Museum, there is an "East" and "West" wing which has the following displays:
The East Wing is home to a 1928 Model A Ford which was donated by Mrs. Lorette Champagne in 1994; the West Wing features early pioneer furniture.
Make sure and check out the latest exhibit as it changes periodically.
Pioneer Women’s Exhibit
Many pioneer women found themselves working very hard outside the home. The work day for many began before dawn, and many times ended after dusk. These same women were still expected to be the primary keepers of the home and family. They kept the home clean, prepared meals, laundry, and for those who had children, attended to them as well. View the series of displays illustrating the tasks that many pioneer women performed in addition to working hard to establish their home and community.
Tour the Morinville Art Club's display of local artisans works located inside the Museum. The artwork on display is available for purchase.
The Gift Shop has the following items for sale:
- Morinville Historical and Cultural Society History Books Volumes 1 & 2
- "Faith and Tenacity" book by Sister Alice Trottier
- Small sale items such as postcards, spoons, cups and magnets, bookmarks, church pins & key rings.